You’ve met Layla and Roxanne- now we reach the third member of The Siren Series, Angie. This masterpiece is named after the Rolling Stones song, “Angie.”
Written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and recorded in November and December 1972, “Angie” is an acoustic-guitar-driven ballad, which tells of the end of a romance.
Richards, who wrote most of the music and lyrics for the song, claimed in his autobiography that the name Angie was a pseudonym for heroin, and that the song was about his attempt to quit using it while detoxing in Switzerland.
Like all of The Siren Series, Angie is available in a custom as well as universal fit. The custom fit is available to purchase direct from Jerry Harvey Audio. The universal fit, known as the Angie II, is available exclusively through Astell&Kern. The Angie II is also “Full Metal Jacket,” meaning that each body, cap and sound bore are machined from one solid block of titanium with a carbon fiber logo plate insert.
The audio signature is reference quality with the same 4th order crossover network as Layla. Angie’s dual low, dual mid and quad high configuration gives a very accurate representation of what the recording artist and mix engineer intended you to hear. Angie is designed to reach optimum top-end extention with minimal distortion. The mid driver is perfectly flat from 10hz to 5khz and the low driver designed for steeper low pass and with virtualy no distortion. Bass response is perfectly flat when attenuated or up to +10 db of bass boost at 60hz when boosted.
“..as an overall package, the workmanship of the Angie’s form factor is a masterpiece to behold that puts many other top tier IEMs to shame. It is also a testament of what can happen when a company uses its head and designs for the wear and tear of everyday real world use while proving that well-built doesn’t mean an IEM has to look ugly.” – Arlindo Borges, http://www.headphone.guru
- Custom-made Proprietary Balanced Armature Drivers (8 per side)
- Powered by soundrIVe technology: Dual Low, Dual Mid and Quad High balanced armature drivers per side
- Variable bass output, adjustable from cable; user controlled low frequency drivers with the adjustable bass (0 – +10db). Frequency ranges from flat bass response up to +15db (10hZ to 100 Hz.)
- Integrated 4th Order crossover
- Triple Bore
- Noise Isolation -26dB
- Moon Audio cable with 4-pin connection and Machined Aluminum Locking Collar
- Input Connector: 1/8” (3.5mm), Gold-Plated
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to 23kHz
- Input Sensitivity: 117dB @ 1mW
- Impedance: 17 Ohms
- Freqphase time|phase WaveGuide
- Includes: a Red Personalized Jerry Harvey Signature IEM case, Wax Tool, Comply Wrap sample and screw driver.